There are many benefits that you may find you are entitled to when you are over 18 years and have a learning disability. Make sure you're not missing out on benefits that you may be eligle for, below are some we recommend you take a look at
- Disability Living Allowance – DLA - https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit/what-youll-get - is a tax-free benefit for disabled people who need help with mobility or care costs.
- Personal Independence Payment – PIP - https://www.gov.uk/pip/overview helps with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill health or a disability if you're aged 16 t 64.
- Personal Budget - http://www.foreversavvy.co.uk/personal-budget
- Employment and Support Allowance – ESA - https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/overview offers you financial support if you're unable to work.
- Housing Benefit - https://www.gov.uk/housing-benefit/overview to help you pay part or all of your rent.
- Access to Work - https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/how-to-claim pay for practical support if you have a disability.
- Carer’s Allowance - https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/overview if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week
- Carer's Personal Budget - http://www.peoplefirstinfo.org.uk/looking-after-someone/support-to-look-after-someone/carer-personal-budgets.aspx . also known as a Carer Direct Payment, is a sum of money paid by a council's Adult Social Care department to help to a carer to pay for things which will help them in their caring role.
- NHS Low Income Scheme - http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/nhs-low-income-scheme.aspx help with NHS costs such as; presciptions, dental, eye care, healthcare travel, wigs and fabric supports.
- Disabled facilities grant - https://www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants/overview a grant to help make changes to your home such as ramps and wider door ways.
- Budgeting Loans - https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/how-it-works a loan to help pay for essential things like furniture, clothes, moving costs or hire purchase debts.
Check out the Benefits Calculator - https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators for advice on what you may be eligble to.